Kurviger workaround (fix for CI Pad v4 and v4b)
Applicable to Kurviger version 3.0. and up:
Video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/c73uvPCgXCY
Before you begin:
- Make sure battery is charged to at least 50%, but we recommend connecting to USB wall charger to make sure you don’t run out of power in the middle of the process;
- A lot of data will be downloaded. It is recommended you connect to a fast WiFi before you begin. Do NOT change data connection during the process.
- The whole process will take about 15 minutes.
Step by step:
- Download this file in CI Pad storage (just open this page in the web browser on CI Pad and click on the link).
- The process will be easier, when you change your Home screen launcher from DMD to Lawnchair (it is pre-installed on CI Pad). Go to System settings, search for „home“, click on “Home app”, it takes to do default apps selection. Click on “Home app” again – change to Lawnchair. Through the same process you can change the home screen launcher back to DMD when you are done.
- Open Magisk. If you do not see Magisk in the list of installed apps:
- Long-press on home screen (after you enabled Lawnchair as your home screen launcher)
- Select “Home settings”
- Scroll to “App drawer”
- First line is “Hidden apps” – click and unselect Magisk.
- Go back to Homescreen and find Magisk in the overview of installed apps (swipe up on Home screen) – click on it to open.
- Navigate to the tab “Modules” (menu on the bottom on the right)
- Select “Install from storage”, navigate to “Downloads” and select the zip file downloaded in step 1
- Openwebview module will be installed and you will be prompted to select version of Webview you wish to install. Select Bromite (first default option – do not change it, just select it.
- Download of the payload will begin. It is a massive file, so it will NOT be instant.
- WARNING: you will not get download progress bar – just sit tight and let it do its magic. Depending on the quality of your data connection, it can take 15 minutes or more.
- WARNING: do not use CI Pad until the installation is complete – leave the installation screen as it is and just don’t touch it until it finishes. If the screen goes black (screen saver in case you disabled “Screen always on” in the Manager), don’t worry about it. You can revive the screen like you normally would by short-pressing power button.
- Once the download is done, you will get a prompt to reboot CI Pad – let it reboot.
- Download new Kurviger app.
Make sure you use the latest Controller app version to be able to use our controllers with the new Kurviger app (Controller app v2.81 or newer).
For CI Pad users: you will need to update the Manager app first, before you will see this new Controller app update. Lowest possible Manager app version 5.2. If you do not see available update on the App Shelf in you current version of the Manager, check-back again later.
For Play Store version of the Controller app: if you do not see new version available for update at the time of publishing this guide (June 6, 2023), check again next day – it takes some time for an update to be published on Play Store.