BLE means lowest battery usage
Joystick with Up / Down / Left / Right and Center Click
+ Center Click Long Press for extra feature
Two Round Buttons (A and B) with Press and Long Press functions
Quick Release Mounting Bracket
USB Type-C port for Charging and Firmware Update
- Waterproof, hard casing, bluetooth controller for motorcycles.
- Powered by internal battery chargeable by USB port, a single charge lasts for weeks.
- Allows you to control over 20 Android navigations apps with the same control scheme.
- Includes a quick release mounting bracket.
- Intuitive and easy to use app to setup and manage the controller.
Currently our Controller works only with Android devices.
- Minimum Android version is 5.1
- Your device needs to have BLUETOOTH
- You will need to be able to connect to the internet to install the CI Control App
- For periodic charging you will need a USB powered port (a laptop or phone charger)
1x Quick Release Bracket
1x Quick Release Bracket Back Brace
2x Bracket Screws
1x USB Type-C Cable for Charging and Firmware update
2x USB rubber covers
We try to keep the control scheme as consistent as possible among all the supported apps.
Some apps like DMD2 allows you to define each key for some of the views like Roadbook.
For other apps we are working with developers to allow the same level of customisation.
As reference this is the default mapping:
You can mount the Controller in 4 different orientations. To configure the orientation you will need to set the orientation on the Controller App (refer to next chapter).
Horizontal orientations are only available with the mirror bracket accessory.
CI Control App
To take advantage of all the controller features you will need to install the CI Control App.
With this app you will have be able to:
- Quickly setup the device connection
- Monitor device connection and battery level
- Setup the device mounting orientation
- Choose a specific app profile or let the app manage it automatically
- Access the controller HUD (over any app) for quick shortcuts:
- Screen Brightness
- Lock Screen Touch
- Control Volume and Media Player
- Plus many other features
Troubleshooting / FAQ
Charging and first usage
The charging port can be found on the back of the controller (after you remove it from the bracket), it is a USB-C port and you should use the USB-C cable included in the package.
You can charge the controller on a regular phone charger or a PC USB port.
Before the first use charge the Controller for at least 15 minutes.
Charge CI Control fully at least once in 6 months (even if not used), to prevent damage to the battery due to deep discharge
When the Control App cannot connect to your device you should first check if the device is enabled.
Press any controller button and check if a blue LED light flashes when you press the button, if it does not you probably need to recharge the device battery.
Make sure the device is not already paired with another device, the device should NOT be configured with more than one device at the same time!
If the controller is indeed connected (check your bluetooth devices list), and it still does not work, you should reset the connection.
The easiest way to recreate a proper connection is to remove the controller from the paired devices list and then start the CI Control App.
Button functions are not correct
For the controller to properly work it needs to be connected and it needs the Control App to be working properly!
The fastest way to make sure everything is working is just manually starting the CI Control app, when the app starts it checks if the device is connected and if everything needed is running.
If pressing the keys does actually produce a result, like cursor up/down/left/right but the keys are not doing what they should on any app, then you can do a quick test, long press A (first round button) and check if a HUD overlay menu pops-up. If not then the CARPE accessibility service needs to be started / restarted. Go to your Android device settings and go to Accessibility, search for the CARPE service and start it or restart it (manually stop it and start it again).
Where do i download the Control App
If you have the CARPE Tab then the Controller should be already installed, to make sure you are running the latest version please use the CARPE Manager app that is included with all CARPE Tabs, open CARPE Manager and click on App Shelf to check for updates.
If you are not using the CARPE Tab then you should install the app from Google Play Store.
On-Screen keyboard disappeared
Some devices, specially tablets, will disable the on-screen keyboard because they set the Controller as an external keyboard.
You will need to allow concurrent use of hardware and on-screen keyboard (the on-screen touch keyboard you normally use on your Android device for typing). Click the notification that a hardware keyboard was attached and you will get menu that might look e.g. like this:
Alternatively, go to system settings on your Android device – “Language and input” and click “Physical keyboard” – enable “Show on-screen keyboard”.
- We recommend to place the CI Control on the left, especially if you plan to use it while riding (not that we would recommend that for safety reasons ) – your right hand is constantly busy with brake and gas and it’s almost impossible to do something else with your thumb at the same time.
- Put the dust plug into the USB part on CI Control and slide the CI Control into the cut-out in the metal sheet on the bracket as far as it goes. If done correctly you will hear a distinct “click”. You may have to move the CI Control from side to side gently.
- Inserting the CI Control into the bracket does not require much force. If CI Control does not slide in easily, make sure the bracket and the bottom of the CI Control is aligned properly.
- When operating CI Control, exercise only enough force to have your input registered. Too much force will damage the CI Control
- Protect the CI Control from impact and other outside forces, or it might break (especially in the bottom part, which holds it in the bracket).
- Do not use CI Control below 5 and above 60°C or especially the battery and electronics can get damaged.
- Do not leave CI Control in direct sunshine, especially on hot summer days – the battery and electronics inside can overheat and get destroyed. When you park your bike in direct sunshine, cover the CI Control by your glove or take the CI Control with you.
- CI Control has a protection against deep battery discharge. In case you will experience problems with connecting CI Control (connection cannot be achieved, connection is terminated in a short period of time, etc.), it is probably caused by a weak battery.
- Charge CI Control by a standard USB charger (not included) via the supplied USB cable. Charging is indicated by a red LED, when fully charged, the LED goes out.
- Do not hold Button 2 for more than 15s – it will hard-reset CI Control.
- Check before and after each ride that the bolts holding CI Driver enclosure together are not loose. Torque the bolts, if required.